We created Som to solve our own sleep problems when other sleep supplements on the market weren’t doing the trick. The Som Stack™ is scientifically advanced to optimize your body‘s natural sleep cycle, promote relaxation, and jumpstart the process of falling asleep. Here’s how it works:
- Magnesium is an element essential to the natural production of melatonin, a critical sleep-regulating hormone. Our bodies don’t produce magnesium, so we have to consume it through food, drinks, or (you guessed it!) dietary supplements. We use Magnesium Citrate in Som because its high absorption rate helps you get the most out of every serving, thereby assisting in your natural production of melatonin.
- Vitamin B6 is a nutrient that’s vital to the production of serotonin. Yes, serotonin makes you happy. But it’s also a precursor to melatonin. We can’t produce Vitamin B6, so we have to consume it like we do magnesium. We include Vitamin B6 in the Som Stack™ to help aid in the production of melatonin within your body and to ensure you’re natural sleep cycle is operating as effectively as possible.
- L-Theanine is an amino acid naturally found in green tea, but rarely found elsewhere in nature. It’s used to promote relaxation by increasing alpha wave activity in your brain. The first step in falling asleep is a shift in your brain from mostly beta to mostly alpha waves. We like to think of it as tuning the brain to a “sleep-adjacent” state. We use L-Theanine in Som to induce this transition, facilitating the natural, healthy process of going to sleep.
- GABA is a neurotransmitter produced naturally in your brain that’s essential to your nervous system’s ability to function properly. It decreases the number of messages being passed back and forth within your brain as sleep approaches to help you relax. GABA works alongside L-theanine in the Som Stack™ to aid in facilitating the natural transition to mostly alpha wave activity so your brain is ready to fall asleep.
- Melatonin is a hormone produced naturally in the brain that’s best known as the primary regulator of your sleep-wake cycle. Essentially it controls when you fall asleep at night and when you wake up in the morning. As dusk falls, your brain releases Melatonin to make you feel drowsy and ready for bed. As dawn approaches, Melatonin levels drop and your brain gets ready to wake up. We use Melatonin in Som to aid in the smooth transition from wakefulness to sleep. Think of it as the body’s trigger to begin the natural series of events that leads to sleep.
We could have created just another sleep supplement, but we felt that there’s more to addressing sleep deprivation than giving your body a quick fix. We’re firm believers that the best solutions address more than just one aspect of a problem.